- Relieves Menstrual Cramps
- Promotes Healthy Blood Pressure
- Rich in Vitamins & Minerals
Raspberry Tablets - Times When Raspberry Tablets Are Not Good for Pregnant Women
Raspberry is a very common herbal remedy for pregnant women. It has many beneficial uses throughout the course of getting pregnant, being pregnant, and recovering from pregnancy. However, there are times when raspberry is not a good idea for pregnant women. It can make things worse for some women. If you are dealing with any of the following situations, talk with your doctor or midwife before taking raspberry tablets or any other type of raspberry preparation:
1. Complicated pregnancies – If you are dealing with issues like gestational diabetes or preeclampsia, it is important to work with your doctor on every type of herbal remedy or over the counter medication you take. With raspberry tablets, the effect on blood pressure may be a big problem. Some women have high blood pressure in the later stages of pregnancy. Taking raspberry can bring down blood pressure, but it is important to work with your doctor carefully.
2. History of premature labor – Some women cannot go to full term pregnancy for many reasons. A history of premature labor indicates other problems going on with the uterus. While raspberry tablets can help strengthen the uterine muscles, it is important to take no chances with a baby that may not go full term.
3. History of miscarriage – Multiple miscarriages usually indicate a problem with hormones or the structure of the uterus. Some midwives provide anecdotal information that red raspberry actually helps women who have had past miscarriages. If you are dealing with this situation, talk with your doctor about this option.
4. History of vaginal bleeding during late pregnancy – Red raspberry tablets offers an astringent property. However, excessive bleeding late in pregnancy can be a sign of serious problems. It is important to handle those problems safely with your doctor's help.
5. Multiple birth – Having multiple babies in the uterus puts extra strain on the woman's body, particularly the uterus and lower abdomen. It is essential to give the body what it needs to handle the situation. Red raspberry can help the uterus relax, but that may not be a good idea with multiple babies inside.
6. Caesarian history or planned – Red raspberry tablets can get the body ready for a natural delivery. However, it may cause problems for those planning a Caesarian section. The walls of the uterus are open during a c-section. The red raspberry may cause issues.
Consult with your doctor before you begin taking red raspberry in any form during your pregnancy.